Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Shoe-rific!

Although I had determined that I would first try out my new shoes on a day when I was scheduled for a shorter run, desire overcame common sense and I had to give them a shot today. I'm familiar with the concept of donning a variety of athletic equipment for the purpose of participating in different sports.  It is necessary, for example, to strap blades on the bottom of your feet to skate, or affix lengthy boards on your boots to ski.  I need to look at running shoes the same way.  Here's the concept:  You tie major padded cushions to the sides and bottoms of your feet and then you try to run fast without tripping. That's how I felt today trotting about in my BIG new shoes.  :)

With this mental reset, rather than feeling like a little Wendy with a lot of feet, I commenced my four miles today determined to appreciate how well I could run rather than fixate on how silly I might look.  And behold!  I bettered my 4 mile time by .4 miles per hour.  Best of all, a random passerby in a jeep with a pile of bikes strapped to the back actually leaned out the window and gave me a thumbs up.  WOOT!  
Até amanhã... 
8/5/11 - 4.0 miles | 46 mins | 5.1 mph | 432 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment