Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Metrics and milestones

Tada! Today marks one month since I took the leap and made the commitment to run a half-marathon.  During the month of July I ran a total of 80.8 miles, and improved my time and endurance level 25% over June's levels.  I am a third of the way through my training, with 62 days until the race.  I know I can do it!


Now that I've established that running this race is an achievable goal, what comes next?  Well, obviously I keep running, and running longer distances. I also need to start working on speed.  There's a handy chart on runnersworld.com that tells you how fast you need to run to be competitive for your age.  Hmmm.  When I put my stats in I find that at my current pace I will run this race in about twice as much time as world class people my gender and age run it.  Basically I'm half as fit as the best runners are.  Sobering, to say the least.  Right now I need to remember that my goal is something other than to be a world class athlete.  I just want to *run* the *whole* race!  We'll save the world-class categorization for a later date.  :)
Até amanhã... 
8/1/11 - 2.0 miles | 22 mins | 5.1 mph | 216 kcal


Check your Age-Graded stats at Runner's World here

No comments:

Post a Comment