Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beware the ravages of time and inactivity!

Check your pace at
runnersworld.com
Beware the ravages of time and inactivity!  Six years ago I actually ran one mile in six minutes.  Between then and now I've had a whole encyclopedia of reasons not to maintain that level of fitness.  Today I ran one mile in 9.5 minutes, and I'm feeling very proud!   If I could maintain that pace for the entire half-marathon I would complete the course in 2 hours and 4 minutes, a very worthy goal.  I learned in my second mile today, however, that I can not *yet* maintain that pace for even 2 miles.  My second mile took 10.5 minutes.  I've been working on a variety of pace workouts suggested by Runner's World, and have set a personal goal, which I realize I may not attain this year, but I won't stop trying.  I would like to run at least one more six minute mile without expiring before I expire.


Até amanhã... 
8/24/11 - 2.0 miles | 19 mins 37 sec | 6.0 mph | 212 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment