Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweating it out

This morning my nephew, who is in the Air Force, and *very* fit, asked me if I had taken my run yet.  We were both up early, dressed in running clothes, and in the kitchen looking for something to drink. "No, not yet", I answered hesitantly, thinking to myself that I sure hope he doesn't ask me if I would like to join him on his run. Way to really look like the old aunt!  Happily, he'd already done his run, and looked no worse for the wear.  I tend to exhibit a serious bedraggled appearance post run.  Eric, however, appeared as though he'd had a leisurely stroll in park, despite the oppressive heat even in the early AM.  There wasn't even a hint of perspiration on his brow!

This got me to thinking about what makes us sweat, how good is it to sweat, and how do you know if you're sweating too much?  If you're wondering the same thing, check out this article by 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet, keep drinking a lot of water, and for those of us who aren't alumni of the Air Force exercise regimen, don't forget the deodorant.

The Benefits of Sweating
Até amanhã... 
7/22/11 - 2.0 miles | 23 mins | 4.9 mph | 212 kcal



No comments:

Post a Comment