Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Starting off up the hill

In keeping with the promise I made to myself to run every single day for six weeks, I got up far earlier this morning than I wanted to and put in my two miles.  This was after a late drive last night to be sure I arrived in time to attend the Hunter's Hope Symposium in Java, NY.  I've become accustomed to each of the trail idiosyncrasies at home, and was a little nervous about running in "new" territory, primarily because the terrain in this part of  New York State is very hilly.  I knew that the first mile would be all up hill.
It was. 


The good news is that when you run uphill all the way there, you get to run downhill all the way back!  The total time I spent running ended up being just about the same as when I run a flat course.  Best of all, here in the hills, as opposed to there in the wetlands back home, I never encountered even one deer fly.  I was enjoying myself so much on the way back down the hill that I had nearly forgotten the fun I didn't have on the way up the same hill just a few minutes earlier.  Hills, like many things in life, are all a matter of perspective.


Até amanhã... 
7/21/11 - 2.0 miles | 23 mins | 5.1 mph | 213 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment