Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Spirit of the Marathon

Thomas Edison said, "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration."  That one percent inspiration is all important in making sure that the other 99% actually happens, whether genius, fitness, or accomplishment of daily affairs. Seriously, every morning I wake up and think, "I don't want to do this."  Today was the 46th day in a row that I thought that exact thought, and did it anyway. :)  Staying inspired goes a long way to generating the 99 gallons of sweat I've perspired so far these hot summer mornings!  What's even more inspiring is finding out how many folks I know who have found a way to overcome the I-don't-wanna's and do it anyway.  Today I learned that my brother-in-law's sister is working on her second marathon.  Go Mary!


If you need a little extra inspiration be sure to watch the documentary Spirit of the Marathon.  I can barely utter the thought in the recess of my mind that I also want to run the Chicago Marathon, as the folks in this documentary do, but having seen that film, I know it's possible.  Stay healthy, keep training, channel the I-don't-wanna thoughts into just-do-it accomplishments... truly this is the spirit of the marathon, OUR human spirit.  
The Spirit of the Marathon 




Até amanhã... 
7/28/11 - 2.0 miles | 23 mins | 5.1 mph | 218 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment