Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The only thing still moving...

Must be me!  I know that because we already know that deer flies are attracted by motion.  Every deer fly in a 10 mile radius must have been focused on two runners this morning.  My daughter went out for her run earlier than I did.  She was aiming for a very long run, but found that the deer flies had a significantly different plan for her today.  These monsters of the Michigan canopy are so thick that when the sun is behind your back and you can see your shadow on the ground before you there is a visible halo of the swarm dive-bombing your head.  She returned before I went out, and warned me...  


Swarm!
Illustration by Vanessa Brantley Newton
She was right.  All I can say is that I'm happy I only had 2 miles on my schedule for the day.  Happier still, my total mileage for the week tops any mileage I have run in a week since before my oldest child was born:  18.5 miles!  Hurray!


Até amanhã... 
7/17/11 - 2.0 miles | 23 mins | 5.2 mph | 214 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment