Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Life is for living!

One of the greatest pleasures I get out of running is being outdoors, especially on a beautiful day.  Don't get me wrong; I have the utmost respect for anyone who can tolerate running on a treadmill or elliptical in a basement or gym. But, for me, there's something special about feeling the wind at my back and viewing another spectacular sunrise or sunset. This evening was one of those times when all the elements combined for a memorable amble.


The neighborhood I live in is a fortunate one, situated on a beautiful lake of clear water, surrounded by rolling wooded hills. Best of all, there is a wonderful propinquity among the folks who live here, born of appreciation for the environs and for each other.  Most of us have known each other for years.  It's a good feeling.


This past week while I was in NY our neighborhood unexpectedly lost one of its longtime members, the second in as many months. The axiom stands that we seldom appreciate what we have while we have it as much as we do once it's gone. Tonight after my run I snapped the photo to the left of the sunset on the lake that my neighbor won't see. What's important is that we're here, we can see sunsets, and  we need to be sure to take time to enjoy them.  
Até amanhã... 
7/29/11 - 2.0 miles | 21 mins | 5.7 mph | 213 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment