Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The frosting on the cake

In my opinion cake exists for one purpose:  as a vehicle for frosting.  :)   I share that sentiment with many members of my family, especially my daughter, and with my BFF, Mary, who happens to write a wonderful blog about food.  Recently she invited me to join her on a Frugal Floozie Friday mission to the Cupcake Station in Ann Arbor.  Instead of alcohol intoxication, we experienced a sugar-born euphoria off of $.25 frosting "shots" -- true bliss!



What could be more fun than enjoying tasty food with best friends and family?  I know this is hard to believe, but I had a similar "frosting" moment this morning while running.  The weather was perfect... bright blue sky, 65 degrees and breezy... I was running well and feeling great.  I've had my fair share of cupcakes lately, and I've been able to not only enjoy eating them because they taste oh-so-good, but to eat them relatively guilt free because I'm exercising enough to not stress when I periodically eat treats.  Best of all, my fitness is improving so that on days like today, exercising is actually *fun*.  Is it as fun as sitting and and slurping frosting shots??  Not yet -- but soon.


Até amanhã... 
7/13/11 - 2.0 miles | 22 mins | 5.2 mph | 214 kcal

1 comment:

  1. "What could be more fun than enjoying tasty food with best friends and family?"

    Nothing. Nothing could be more fun than enjoying tasty food with best friends and family.

    -Alison

    ReplyDelete