Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Unplanned and spontaneous surprise :)

I was not too pleased with myself yesterday for how long it took to both find the time and motivation to commit to running the next training length required by the schedule.  I decided to rearrange the next 3 weeks to accommodate missing that run, and only run 6 miles today.  I set out with minimal expectations.  The first 3 miles went well, 5.7 mph.  I felt great the second 4 miles, averaging 5.2 mph.  I decided to keep going.  Why not?  I was dressed for the task, on the trail, and the weather was great.  All the universe was aligned the right way.  Onward!

Miles 7 - 9 went down at a rate of 4.8 mph, and miles 10 - 13.1 clocked in at 4.4.  OH YES!  I DID IT!

I DID IT!


I DID IT!!


I DID IT!!!

I really did it!  I ran the full half marathon, somewhat unplanned, as I had not anticipated running the full distance for another 2 1/2 weeks.  Honestly, sometimes the best things in the world are unplanned and spontaneous.  I have to say that this was one of them.


Até amanhã... 
9/16/11 - 13.1 miles | 2 hrs 36 mins | 5.0 mph | 1385 kcal



No comments:

Post a Comment