Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Motion therapy



It is impossible to believe that fall is here, particularly when looking at the calendar.  But the 53 degree temperatures, heavy cumulus clouds, and colorful first fallen leaves tell a different story.  It was a pleasure running today, even with a sweatshirt to keep the chill away. Cool is good, but soon it will be c-o-l-d.  As hard as the miles are sometimes, I have come to anticipate my runs with with pleasure, and I don't want to give up all the benefits when the snow flies. "Numerous studies have shown that exercise stimulates the neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, and beta-endorphin, all of which elevate mood and reduce depression and anxiety", according to Betsy Noxon of Runner's World magazine, veritable motion therapy :)  With all of that good, how will I stop?  When I saw my breath this early this morning I had to wonder, but fortunately I don't have to answer that question for another few weeks.  It's supposed to be 75 degrees again by the end of the week.


Até amanhã... 
9/6/11 - 3.2 miles | 35 min | 5.4 mph | 346 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment