Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pack running

Tortoise and Hare Running Store -- Ann Arbor
Today was my first "official" run in many years.  I joined in with the Tortoise and Hare marathon training run to see how I pace when running a new course with other people.  It was very interesting!


1. I wasn't prepared for the number of people running with dogs.  I felt that having to dodge both people and dogs on leashes was difficult, particularly when the peloton is close together at the beginning.


2. A number of people were running with music playing from their belts, which I found made it hard for me to find my own rhythm, especially when I could hear several different songs at once.  


3. When running in an official race or training run, it's not necessary to bring water, because drinks are supplied by the organizer along the course.


4. I'm amazed at how many people chit-chatted the entire way!  Maybe because I've been running by myself, I was not expecting to be involved in lengthy conversations.


I finished the 11 miles in 2 hrs 11 minutes, including a water break, so just above the 5 mph mark.  I've spent 7 hours 9 minutes to run 37.4 miles in the last 7 days, at an average rate of 5.2 mph.  I'm very glad that I get to take a break for the next few days to recuperate.  37 miles is just over my weekly limit -- especially since I only ran 39 miles in the entire month of July!



Até amanhã... 
9/18/11 - 11.0 miles | 2 hrs 11 min | 5.0 mph | 1150 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment