Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back in the saddle...

Detroit Free Press Half Marathon
Yesterday's Tour de Troit was one of those days that will be thought of with fondness for a long time.  :)   I was so inspired that when I got home from the ride I tried to sign up for the Detroit 1/2 Marathon on October 16th so I could take in some more of that stellar skyline.  I wish I'd thought of it sooner, because at 10,300 runners the registration is at full capacity and closed.  Alas, no trot across the Ambassador Bridge for me this year, but I will be certain to sign up next year as soon as registration is open.  I may go to Detroit on the 16th just to enjoy the ambiance of the event.


Now it's back in the proverbial saddle, not bike, to finish preparing for next Sunday's run. The excitement (uh, nervousness) is building.  Will it be cold and rainy? Will I pace myself okay while distracted by the other runners? Will I be able to sleep at all the night before?  My regimen for this week will be different:  short runs twice a day to stay loose but not over-stress ligaments and muscles; no junk food [ :( ], early enough to bed that I can get up at 5 AM on Sunday (okay, now we're talking impossible) ...  
Até amanhã... 
9/25/11 - 3.2 miles | 34 min | 5.6 mph | 351 kcal 




No comments:

Post a Comment