Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Whose house is this, anyway?

Look familiar?  This is a common "house sparrow".  I have had reason to find out the hard way why this variety is called a HOUSE sparrow.  One mean mama house sparrow has decided to make her house in MY house, or garage to be exact.  While it wasn't my intention to dwell this whole week on birds, they have made a major impression on my running.  It has always been my habit to take off and put on my running shoes just outside the back door.  See that little beastie to the left, there??  Doesn't she look harmless?  Well!  Not when she's protecting her nest, which apparently is in the rafters above my head, where I won't any longer be putting my running shoes on, at least not until all her children have flown the coop!

Nec aspera terrent!

6/10/12 - 2.0 miles |  22 min | 5.1 mph | 209 kcal 

No comments:

Post a Comment