Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Azodiacarbonamide for lunch, anyone?

One cool blog:  100 Days of Real Food
There is only so much one can do to run faster and farther.  Sure, practice helps, and a pair of good shoes, and optimal weather, along with a great running path.  What do you do after you've taken care of all those external factors?  Look inside.  I've been doing just that, reviewing what I eat and how it affects my running.        Common sense tells us that good food must help, after all, garbage in ===> garbage out, right?  It's not so simple.  More carbs, ok, but what kind?  Protein, sure, but what quantity?  I've been doing a lot of research and personal experimentation with what I eat and how the run goes, and ran across this blog:


100 Days of Real Food, by Lisa Leake (pictured at left)


I have always thought of Subway as a relatively healthy fast-food provider, but, as Lisa points out, it's really important to pay close attention to what you choose when you eat there.  After reading her blog post I'm not sure I will be eating at Subway anytime soon.  I'm fairly nutritionally astute, but I never heard of this chemical, azodiacarbonamide, before reading the article.  Yes, according to Lisa, it's in Subway bread, and yes, according to Wikipedia it is a plastic component banned for use as a food additive in Europe.  No, I'm not hungry for a $5 footlong.


Thank you Lisa for your excellent blog!  I will be integrating many of your ideas into my personal health plan.  Keep up the good work!


Nec aspera terrent!


6/12/12 - 3.0 miles |  33 min | 5.4 mph | 331 kcal 
6/11/12 - 2.0 miles |  22 min | 5.1 mph | 198 kcal 



No comments:

Post a Comment