Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Semper Fi!

Run to Cadence with the U.S. Women Marines
Having trouble getting motivated to run??  Well, here's the perfect solution, especially on this 69th anniversary of the D Day Invasion.  I am in no way comparing casual running to what the extraordinary heroes who invaded the beaches of Normandy did.  The Marines weren't there, in any case; they were in the Pacific, still a sore point in some military circles, including my own family, with a niece who graduated from Westpoint, a nephew in the Air Force, and a sister who was a Marine.  I'm just paying homage to the fact that the Marines are renowned for their physical fitness, and after resting up for a month after beating my little sis at the Indy 500 1/2 Marathon (more on that in a later post), I'm back on my running regimen preparing for my next big run.  So is Kim.  Even though I managed to beat her by 3 minutes at Indy, she is feeling major inspiration and working out a lot with the hopes of leaving me in the dust at the next race. Not that there's any sibling rivalry here, but I need to do something to retain my lead!   Do you think this will keep me ahead of the pack?

Sound-off; 1 - 2; Sound-off; 3 - 4; Cadence count; 1 - 2 - 3 - 4; 1 - 2 — 3 - 4.

Stay tuned...

Nec aspera terrent!

6/6/12 - 2.0 miles |  22 min | 5.0 mph | 201 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment