Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meekly March

Meek like a lamb, but oh so nice!  I am looking right at the calendar, and still thinking I've got my M's confused.  With highs in the 70's isn't it really May 13th?  Uh uh!  Welcome to the warmest March in recent memory!  Truly, the running weather today was glorious.  I can not remember ever being happier to feel the sun on my face and the wind on my back.  I will need to keep this uppermost in my mind during the lion days of spring and the dog days of summer, but for today, and, according to the trusty Farmer's Almanac, the near future, I'm in luck for the time being.



March 2012
12th-15th. Fair, windy.
16th-19th. Showers, heavy thunderstorms, particularly over Great Lakes, then colder.
20th-23rd. Cold, with snow/flurries for Great Lakes. Changeable elsewhere.
24th-27th. Potent storm sweeps through; heavy precipitation, strong winds, then clearing.
28th-31st. More stormy weather arrives by month's end.
April 2012
1st-3rd. Thundery, squally weather Great Lakes, Ohio River, then clearing.
4th-7th. Fair, then unsettled weather spreading as far east as Illinois and Michigan by 7th.
8th-11th. Showers Ohio River, then fair.
12th-15th. Squally, especially for the Great Lakes.
16th-19th. Fair and pleasant.
20th-23rd. Showers spread in from the west, quickly then improving skies.
24th-27th. Stormy weather arrives by 27th.
28th-30th. Continued stormy most areas.
May 2012
1st-3rd. Sunny to partly cloudy.
4th-7th. Showers, then fair skies. Showers move out of Louisville in time for Derby Day.
8th-11th. Heavy rains Great Lakes.

Will they be right?  I'll let you know every day when I'm out, rain and cold, sun and shine.  :)



3/13/12 - 2.0 miles | 22 min | 5.2 mph | 204 kcal 










No comments:

Post a Comment