Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

gotta run... 13.1 miles 'cause i'm only half crazy!

Today was my last run before the race.  Tomorrow I have a big job:  rest (ie, no running), and eat a lot of carbohydrates.  Whew!  Can I handle it?  To be honest, I have a few butterflies about what will happen on Sunday.  Will it be too cold outside?  ...  Will I get a leg cramp? ...   Will I be able to stay sufficiently hydrated, but not too much, given that I will need to stand at the start line for a long time? ... Will I be able to find a place to park? ... How many layers should I wear, and how will I carry everything when I take the layers off?

I can ease my mind with this:   I am about as ready physically as I can be, given a 3 month preparation time.  I followed the plan set out in the Absolute Beginner's Guide to Half-Marathon Training. Since June 12th, I spent a little more than 65.3 hours to run 326.3 miles, expending 35,760 calories.  My average rate increased from 4.3 mph to almost 6 mph.  Was it worth it?  Whatever happens on Sunday, oh YES!  I have taken running to heart -- physically, and mentally.  Improved fitness accompanied by 65 hours of superb think-time... this venture is worth every drop of sweat.

Wish me luck on Sunday.  Hey, gotta run... 13.1 miles 'cause I'm only half crazy!

Até amanhã... 
9/30/11 - 2.0 miles | 18 min | 6.3 mph | 211 kcal







No comments:

Post a Comment